Primarily, Surya Mudra refers to a form of art or therapy used during yoga sessions, which triggers and concentrates the fire (thermoregulation) elements needed for maintaining the metabolic processes. Research continues to confirm a number of tremendous individual health benefits among others associated to the practice of Surya Mudra.
Steps of Surya Mudra
1. You should be sitting or standing in a comfortable position.
2. While extending your hands in front of the body, ensure that tip of the ring finger remains positioned and relaxed on the base of the thumb.
3. Gently exert pressure by placing the thumb on top of the bending ring finger.
4. Ultimately, ensure that remaining three fingers should stretch out straight.
5. Repeating this routine for 15 minutes within three sessions daily optimizes the effectiveness of Surya Mudra.
Benefits of Surya Mudra
1. Stimulates thermoregulation in the body.
2. Maintains a steady posture.
3. Improves the body immunity against colds.
4. Aids in losing excess weight.
5. Enhances metabolism for instance, homeostasis.
6. Alleviates psychological distress.
7. Facilitates cognitive and intellectual development.
To Read This In Hindi – Surya Mudra in Hindi