Did you know that your hands hold an innate healing power that has been used for centuries for healing various ailments?
According to the yogic science, the human body comprises of five basic elements – the Pancha Tattvas. Fingers being the power points, are a link between individual Pranic force and universal cosmic energy. The five fingers of the hand are connected to these vital elements in the body and by practicing these mudras you can control these 5 elements in your body.
These mudras are used to focus energy into different parts of your body. Practicing any, or all, of these mudras can help you restore peace and harmony, so don’t be afraid to try one out!
Five Fingers Represent Five Elements of Universe
Index Finger: This finger represent air element. It is associated with the planet Jupiter and the element Ether.
Little Finger: This represent water element.
Thumb Finger: This represent Fire element.
Ring Finger: This represent Earth element. It controls the physical health and beauty.
Middle Finger: This represent Aakash element. Controls the conversion of emotion to devotion and patience in our body.
The Important hand Mudras
1. Gyan Mudra: The gesture of knowledge or wisdom
2. Prithvi Mudra: The gesture of the earth
3. Prana Mudra: The gesture of life
4. Suraya Mudra: The fire hand gesture
5. Varun Mudra: The gesture for Water
6. Vayu Mudra: The gesture of air
7. Shunya Mudra or Shoonya Mudra Steps, Posture and Benefits
8. Apan Mudra Steps, Posture and Benefits
9. Apan Vayu Mudra Steps, Posture and Benefits
10. Linga Mudra Steps, Posture and Benefits
To Read This In Hindi – Hast Mudra In Hindi